Business Analyst / SME (Healthcare Revenue Cycle)
The Business Analyst works with stakeholders to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives. This position requires frequent interaction with Development, Product Management, Sales, Customers, outside vendors and other cross-functional team members to provide subject matter expertise where needed. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of healthcare operations and the strategic application of technology within the healthcare organization.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Provide product expertise during the RFP process to answer questions about the product capabilities and the product workflow processes.
- Works with customers and internal stakeholders to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and customer meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Business Experience - 3-5 years healthcare experience.
- Understanding of workflow within clinical and administrative environments in Healthcare (physician office, hospital, clinics, etc) a plus.
- Knowledge of Payer Relations, Patient Access and Patient Financial Services to monitor payer trends and contract performances through various aging and denial reports as well as have the ability to discuss issues and strategize resolution.
- Familiar with the communication between clinicians and payers to resolve claim issues.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Revenue Cycle performance a plus
- Experience working with healthcare data, performance metrics is a plus.
- HL7 or ANSIX12 experience helpful.
- Degree in IT, business or healthcare management related field or equivalent experience is required.
Health Care DataWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.